Saturday 21 April 2018

Just the way you are

This week I've looked for inspiration for a blog post and there's one thing that's really inspired me to talk about this week.

A few week's ago ITV showed a programme called 'The real full Monty', where male celebrities took to the stage and stripped down. This was then followed up by female celebrities doing the same thing. As I watched it, with tears in my eyes I couldn't help but think 'wow'. Some of these women had battled breast cancer, had mastectomies and had serious confidence issues with their bodies. But as a group they showed each other positivity and self love. And they all achieved the end goal.

It got me thinking that sometimes we focus on our insecurities that no one else even realises are there. Whether it's bad skin, dumpy legs, scars or imperfect boobs, everyone has at least one body hang up.



Again, I have to wonder about the impact social media has on this. These 'Instagram models' and 'Facebook famous' girls should be applauded at the fact they have the confidence to post these flawless pictures so publicly. When I see these photos I admire their self love. However we also have to remember just because someone in the public eye looks a certain way, doesn't mean we all have to look that way too.

Years ago, having a big bum was seen as an insult if it was said to you. However, nowadays, this is something that most girls want. But if you don't have the big bum, flat stomach and perfect boobs it doesn't make you any less beautiful ....

It saddens me that young girls feel they have to look like what they see on social media or in the magazines. There's too many cases of girls dieting or overworking themselves at the gym due to feeling the need to look a certain way. And then of course, there's the nasty comments about weight or looks etc that damage our self confidence and make us feel pretty rubbish about ourselves. What happened to giving someone a confidence boost?




Personally, I have insecurities that I need to realise no one else notices. I'm not perfect, no one is. But instead of looking at the negatives, I need to start looking at the positives. We all have days where I think we could all love ourselves that little bit more.



So I'm going to stop looking at others and comparing myself to the models of the world. And I'm going to start looking in the mirror and realising I'm beautiful just the way I am. I challenge you all to look in the mirror after reading this. Ignore the body hang ups, and pick out five positives. Nothing is more beautiful than being you! And being you is okay!

Much love, Laura xxxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig