Wednesday 30 May 2018

Calm is a super power ....

Hi everyone! Apologies for not posting for a couple of weeks. It's been a pretty manic fortnight. I've recently come back from a beautiful holiday in Turkey which was much needed. As so many people shared and related to my post about anxiety I thought it was only fair to do a follow up.

Before my holiday, anyone who is close to me will know I was still struggling with my moods and anxiety. Taking some time away from my daily routine was imperative towards my mental well-being. Everyone will agree that a bit of sun makes everything better anyway! But for me, having some time with my own thoughts was essential and enabled me to reevaluate recent events and my lifestyle. And to be honest, I spent a week smiling and being the happiest I've been for a long time.



For myself and anyone that suffers with anxiety, the constant fear of having a panic attack follows me around continuously. For me, the worst part is the dizzy feeling where I feel like I'm going to pass out and embarrass myself. Of course, I have never collapsed and I know that this is just an irrational phobia that I have. But trying to overcome this is easier said than done. Whilst away there was a couple of times I felt dizzy and felt like I couldn't breathe. And I thought to myself I'm on holiday. Why am I panicking? Why do I feel a panic attack coming on? But that's the point. There doesn't always have to be a reason. Anxiety is sometimes triggered for no apparent reason. And I've realised that sometimes all you can do is try to get through the attack and have people who you love and trust around you.



From speaking to people that suffer with anxiety there's always the fear that people don't understand. And I get this. It's hard to explain a panic attack to someone, it's hard to explain why you're having an attack, and it's hard to give an answer as to why you're suffering from anxiety in general. I feel so lucky that I have people around me that love me and who try to understand me. I know it's a pain in the arse if I have a panic attack when I'm with someone. Because it normally involves me not wanting to do anything for the rest of the day due to having a fear that I'll have another attack. But I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone that is supporting me through this and to everyone close to me for their love and care.



Anyone that is suffering with anxiety, as mentioned in my previous post, getting help is essential. Even if it's just telling someone how you feel. It's handy to have someone to text or call when you're feeling anxious. You're not alone. And my inbox is always open. 



Overall, I have had a lovely week away with people who love me and care for me. And it gave me a good chance to refresh myself and think about what I want in my life. And a life battling with anxiety is definitely not what I want! I have come back to England and I am determined to fight this. Remember it's okay to not be 100% all the time and it's okay to talk openly with people. Now .... off to plan my next holiday ....

Much love, Laura xxxx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig