Friday 16 August 2019

She who is brave is free ....

Afternoon my darlings,

Just a quick post this week .... It's been a manic but amazing week .... MY BIRTHDAY WEEK! This was the first year in three years I've been in the country for my birthday so was determined to do something to celebrate and I certainly did ....

Anyone who has suffered with anxiety will know that certain situations are often avoided. For me, a busy, crowded scene is normally something that will trigger a panic attack as it's the feeling of being out of control and overwhelmed. So when I decided to go to London for my birthday I knew I was pushing myself massively! My mind was full with thoughts of a packed train, unknown areas and busy streets .... However going to London actually showed me how far I've come these last six months. There was no panic attacks, no fear. I actually had the best day ever and now know I can do it!

Going to London was something that six months ago I wouldn't have even considered but with regular chats with my therapist and medication can now say that it's definitely going to be a monthly trip!



We had a fun filled day with cocktail bars, karaoke and ended the night in a lovely pub called The Duke of Wellington for a game of bingo hosted by the lovely Sheila Simmonds (best known for her amazing audition on Britain's got Talent). Sheila's comedy, fab songs and pure charm made a great evening. For anyone in Soho on a Tuesday night I'd definitely recommend popping in for a game of bingo! From start to finish Sheila was welcoming and lovely .... You can follow her on Instagram @sheilasimmonds ..... Sheila thank you again, you're fabulous and will be seeing you again next month!



 I would like to thank all my friends and family for the best few days .... you're all amazing and I'm so lucky to have all your constant love and support.

Much love,
Laura xxxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig