Tuesday 11 September 2018

Rule your mind or it will rule you ....

Hello! I'm back! Took some time out of posting as have had a busy and challenging few weeks. However I'm now back and promise to get back into posting more regularly. Thought I'd give you all an update on what's been going on lately in my crazy life ....

Firstly, I had the most amazing week in Turkey with my lovely boyfriend and best friend for my 22nd birthday. The time away was definitely needed and there's no better place to recharge my batteries than in my second home. On my birthday my gorgeous boyfriend also popped the question .... I AM ENGAGED AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!










Back from Turkey and back to work and my anxiety decided to flare up. For all of you that suffer with this or any kind of mental health you’ll all understand how much this can take it's toll. It resulted in me taking some time off work in order to try and sort myself out a bit. The worst thing about mental health is that it’s not something that will get better over night or even next week. It’s an ongoing daily battle trying to find the strength to get through each day. There’s some days where I don’t want to leave the house, days that I don’t even want to get out of bed or see anyone due to the fear of having a panic attack or the sudden overwhelming feeling that something bad will happen if I do. 



The most important thing is to TALK about it. Although locking yourself away and staying under your duvet sometimes seems like the easiest thing to do, there is help out there! 

Talking about this isn’t the most natural thing for me to do as paranoia sets in and I often doubt people’s opinions of me. Or I worry how annoying it must be for people around me to know that some days I’m not okay. However seeing as its mental health awareness week it’s important for me reassure you all that although it feels like you’re the only one going through it, you’re not. 

Whilst having time to sort myself out and get over this ‘wobble’ as I like to call it, I’ve also discovered the help that’s available to people that are suffering. Sometimes it’s easier to talk to a stranger or someone that has no judgement of you whatsoever. That’s when I discovered the website ‘turn2me’. It’s an online based chat with 1-2-1 counselling and group chat support. You can book yourself onto sessions and talk with someone about your feelings or struggles. And it’s all free! This is something I would definitely recommend.

I’m on a long journey to getting myself back to normal but I know I’ll get there eventually. 

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the special people in my life that constantly support me on good and bad days. My parents, my younger sister (who often acts like the older one), my lovely boyfriend, my close friends and family and also my co-workers. I am so thankful I have such an amazing support network and would be lost without you all.

Lastly, I want anyone that is suffering to know that you’re not alone. Some times you need to hit rock bottom to get yourself back up. And it takes time, but you will get there. If any of you ever feel like you have no one to talk to then my inbox is ALWAYS open. And remember it’s okay to have bad days. They’re the days that make us stronger .... hope you all have a lovely week!

Much love,

Laura
xxxx



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig